Date and location
- June 4 2021, 1:00pm – 6:00pm CET
- On-line event on Zoom
- ICRA 2021
You are invited to a Zoom meeting.
When: Jun 4, 2021 01:00 PM Paris
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This workshop addresses the topic of robotic devices for human assistance and augmentation, for occupational applications. Wearable exoskeletons, supernumerary limbs, and collaborative robots used for physical collaboration are receiving increased attention from the industry, owing to their potential to address the problem of work-related musculoskeletal disorders. However those robots work in tight physical interaction with the human. Understanding and anticipating the human behavior during such interactions is therefore needed to design efficient, intuitive and comfortable devices. The purpose of this workshop is then to present the state of the art and challenges all along the design chain, including: i) human cognitive and motor behavior with and without augmentation devices, ii) implementation of such knowledge to human-centered design and control of robotic assistive devices, and iii) end-users’ needs, evaluation and feedback.
This workshop brings together experts in motor and cognitive neuroscience, in design of assistive robots, and in occupational health, in order to foster a fruitful and multi-disciplinary discussion. By providing a platform for top researchers from these communities to share their work, we aim to inspire cross-discipline collaboration and motivate the use of more integrated research approaches that are needed for safe, efficient, and intuitive robotic assistance in real- world applications.
Topics of interest
- Physical human-robot collaboration
- Human motor and neuromuscular control
- Cognitive aspects of human-robot collaboration
- Physiology and biomechanics of human movement
- Human adaptation and learning
- Human performance augmentation
- Design and control of robotic assistive devices
- Evaluation of robotic assistive devices
- Exoskeletons and wearable robots
- Supernumerary limbs
- Industrial collaborative robots
The workshop consists of 8 invited talks (25 min each including 5 min for Q&A), 2 sessions with presentations of selected contributions (posters, oral presentations and/or videos), and a panel discussion (45 min).
Support from RAS Technical Committees
- Wearable Robotics
- Cognitive Robotics
- Digital Manufacturing and Human-Centered Automation
- Human-Robot Interaction and Coordination
- Human Movement Understanding
- Collaborative Automation for Flexible Manufacturing
This workshop has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program under grant agreement No. 731540 (An.Dy) and No. 871237 (SOPHIA), and from the European Research Council program under grant agreement No. 850932 (Ergo-Lean).